The Moment We’ve Been Waiting For — 2022 SGS&C Game Submissions Open!
We’re excited to announce the 2022 Serious Games Showcase & Challenge is open and ready for business!
As always, the finalists chosen get to showcase their game at the world’s largest modeling, simulation and training event, Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) in Orlando, Florida from Nov. 28- Dec 2.
Attendees from all over the world take part in I/ITSEC, which includes a commercial exhibit hall, professional workshops, special events and so much more. The submission period closes September 2, so don’t wait.
SGS&C winners will be announced at I/ITSEC on Thursday, Dec. 1 — perhaps your game will be named a winner!
New for 2022
The awards structure has been updated and is NOW BASED on the target audience for the game submission for government and business, not submission category.
Check out the 2022 Award Categories
All games qualify for one of the two categories below:
• Best General Audience Game Award – These games are built specifically for a general audience, such as corporate training, general education, general health/healthcare and wellness, public interest, etc. Funders and developers of the game can be private or government entities.
• Best Government Audience Game Award – These games are built specifically for national or local government or defense purposes, such as military tactics, equipment, or procedures, law enforcement, cybersecurity, tactical combat care and triage, veterans’ health and affairs, public works, and space.
All games also qualify for:
• Innovation Award – The Innovation Award aims to recognize innovation in serious games; that is, those games that exhibits a unique characteristic or technique. For purposes of the Challenge, innovation is defined as a characteristic or technique that enhances the serious game in a new or different way. The technique can be in terms of hardware integration, instructional design, game design, content topic or a combination thereof. The Innovation Award will be judged by and is awarded at the sole discretion of the Innovation Committee.
• People’s Choice Award – I/ITSEC attendees vote using ballots that are given out at registration. Each attendee votes and drops off their ballot at the Serious Games Showcase & Challenge booth on the tradeshow floor. Ballots are collected until the tradeshow floor closes on Wednesday night (the eve of awards day), after which they are tallied by the SGS&C IPT.
In addition, games may also qualify for:
• Best Student-Developed Game – You don’t have to be an athlete to compete inter-collegiately. Go up against other top colleges and universities, and network with top-paying employers at I/ITSEC. This award is judged by our esteemed panel of international evaluators and comes with a high-value grand prize.
• Best XR (VR/AR/MR) Category – “XR” is the new hip term that all of the cool kids are using to summarize the category of Virtual Reality (VR), Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR). This award is judged by our esteemed panel of international evaluators and comes with a high-value grand prize.
• Students’ Choice Award – Games that are geared toward middle and high school students and their curricula and standards have the opportunity to be evaluated by selected school systems from around the United States. See if your game could be best new game as rated by these students.
If you have questions about the competition or would like to join our team of game evaluators who help determine each year’s award winners, connect with us by emailing SGSChallenge@gmail.com! And be sure to keep up with the latest on SGS&C news on our social media platforms: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter, as well as visiting our website
We look forward to playing your game!
I’m ready! Take me to the Game Submission Page