The Serious Games Showcase & Challenge (SGS&C) has announced the 25 finalists in the various award categories for 2019.
An esteemed panel of evaluators from around the globe are now reviewing the finalists and will determine the winners in the Business, Government and Student categories.
All games qualify for the Innovation Award that will be judged by the Innovation Committee, and the People’s Choice Award that will be voted on by I/ITSEC attendees.
In addition, games may also qualify for Best XR (VR/AR/MR) Award (in 2019, approximately 40% of the finalists are eligible to XR category). This award is judged by the panel of international evaluators and comes with a high-value Grand Prize.
All games aimed at teaching middle and high school students qualify for the Students’ Choice Award. This award is judged by the students who play the games, totaling the 7 awards to be reaped.
The 16 finalists in the Business category are:
- DroneFisher by Soar Technology, Inc.
- When Rivers Were Trails by Michigan State University
- X-Hacker by
- Get a Life by K20 Center at the University of Oklahoma
- PTSD SleepAid by Intelligent Automation w/UCF
- Project Azriel Bulletproof Brain Train by Curriculaworks
- Functions of the Machine by K20 Center at the University of
- Community Health Nursing by BreakAway Games
- Fire VR by
- SkydiVR by
Freefall Club LLC
- Liquid Marx by University of Applied Science Trier
- Swibo Tilt by Swibo
- Earth-to-Mars by eLearning Studios
- Invite Only VR by Yale Center for Health and Learning Games
- myDRIVESCHOOL® by Driveschool Enterprises Pty Ltd
- Vestaid Game Suite by Intelligent Automation, Inc.
The 5 finalists in the Government category are:
· Chain of Command: Capture the Seas by Naval Information Warfare Command - PMW-120
· Contagion by Naval Postgraduate School
· U.S. Army STARS Anatomy by Army Game Studio
· Talon by US Army Utility Helicopters Project Office UH60
· NATO Children of Armed Conflict (CAAC) by C2 Technologies, Inc.
The 4 finalists in the Student category are:
- Vector Unknown by Arizona State University, Clayton State
University, & Florida State University
- Signal by
- Reverse Engineer VR by Orange Technical College
- Nano Technology Lab Process VR by Utah Valley University
Organizers have introduced and featured each of these finalist games on SGS&C website and on social media before they take center stage at this year’s Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation and Education Conference.