Plenary Sessions at the Serious Play Conference (please find also Serious Play: Impressive Array of Speakers As Serious Games Market Strategists) will address questions and challenges developers face in serious gaming. The sessions will discuss:
- Market size and opportunity for games and simulations for the next five years
- Serious game platforms and the best use of each technology
- Measurement strategies to get relevant results, using a mix of traditional education analysis and new approaches made possible by technology
The Serious Play Conference will take place August 23-25, 2011 at the DigiPen Institute of Technology in Redmond, Washington.
Plenary Sessions at Serious Play Conference
To Tackle Major Challenges of Serious Games
SEATTLE – August 1, 2011 – Some of the best minds in Serious Games are coming together to discuss the major challenges facing the use of games for training and learning at Serious Play Conference, Tuesday – Thursday, August 23 – 25 at DigiPen Institute of Technology in Redmond, Wash.
Speakers in three plenary sessions will discuss tough questions facing project managers and developers across all Serious Game markets -- education/at home learning, business/corporate training, military/government sims, health and games for good.
Tuesday’s plenary session will look at the market size and opportunity for games and simulations for the next five years. Panelists include:
• Alan Gershenfeld, Founder and President, E-Line Media
• Tom Grant, Ph.D., Senior Analyst, Forrester Research
• Tyson Greer, CEO, Ambient Insight
• Kevin Oakes, CEO, i4cp
Wednesday’s plenary will examine the current state of Serious Game platforms and the best use of each technology. Panelists will include:
• Sam Adkins, Chief Research Officer, Ambient Insight
• Laure Casalini, Dean, Supinfogame
• Nick Berry, President, Data Genetics
• David Metcalf, Researcher, Institute for Simulation and Training, University of Central Florida
Thursday’s opening plenary session will discuss the implementation of measurement strategies during the design process, as well as how to determine and get relevant results, using a mix of traditional education analysis and new approaches made possible by technology. Panelists will include:
• Alex Games, Ph.D., Education Design Director, Microsoft
• Patti Phillips, Ph.D., President, ROI Institute, Inc.
• Zoran Popovic, Ph.D., Associate Professor in Computer Science at the University of Washington
• James Portnow, CEO, Rainmaker Games, and writer of Extra Credits, the game design column at The Escapist
• Jon Twing, Ph.D., Executive Vice President and Chief Measurement Officer, Assessment & Information Division, Pearson
For more information, or to register for the preconference pricing of $450 for all three days (faculty $399), click through to http://www.seriousplayconf.com/
Lorraine Lee/Samantha Owyang
The Bohle Company for Serious Play
(310) 785-0515 ext. 224/232
lorraine at bohle.com / samantha at bohle.com